Your newsletters are a hot mess.
✉︎ Lackluster launch emails…
✉︎ Sporadic send schedules…
✉︎ Plummeting open rates…
You’re confused about how to set up an automation.
You’re wondering what the hell to say to your subscribers.
You wish someone would just sit you down and tell you exactly what to do—and how to do it.
You need a black belt.
Not sure? Read on to find out more:
What is this?
It’s Newsletter Ninja’s first-ever Black Belt Workshop: a full-day author newsletter workshop! (Which is way more fun than it sounds, now that I see it typed out like that.)
Sunday, November 10th, 2019 (the Sunday before the 20Books Vegas conference *)
Your host is Tammi Labrecque—writer, teacher, coach, speaker, and author of Newsletter Ninja: How to Become an Author Mailing List Expert.
Because your newsletter isn’t doing what it’s supposed to.
Because your open rates are down, your engagement is low, and you have no clue how to fix it.
Because you don’t know how to get the right people on your list, or what to do with them once they’re there.
And because you want to build an effective mailing list full of readers who love you and your books—superfans who will buy everything you write, on release day, at full price, every time.
What’s in it for me?
I’ll hold your hand through the process of creating the perfect mailing list. From the signup form to list hygiene, we’re going to cover it all.
You’ll learn how to repel freebie-seekers and build a list of subscribers who eagerly await your next email—and your next release.
You’ll figure out how to write campaign emails that engage, and release emails that convert to sales—without sounding like a used car salesman.
You’ll decide how often to clear out the dead weight from your list, and how to convert unsubscribes to follows on other platforms.
You’ll leave with a seamless start-to-finish newsletter sign-up process, a unique onboarding sequence, and twenty email templates designed from the ground up and customized for you—emails that will keep your newsletter growing and engaged for the next twelve months.
And you will, of course, be the envy of all your author friends (and the bane of your enemies, if that’s your sort of thing).
Do you think I’m ready for the Black Belt Workshop?
Any author, at any stage of their publishing career, will learn a ton at the Black Belt Workshop—and have a great time doing it.
However, because the entire afternoon workshop is geared towards optimizing an existing list, the Black Belt Workshop will be most beneficial for people who already have a mailing list and at least one book.
Still not sure? Here are the details:
What we know for sure:
- November 10th, 2019, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- A light breakfast and lunch will be provided.
- Attendance is capped at 10 people. (False scarcity is bullshit, but this will sell out.)
What’s still up in the air:
- The exact location. We’re looking at a Marriott convention center close to everything, but haven’t finalized the details.
What we’ll be doing:
- Morning Ninja Workshop (8 am – 12 pm)
- A quick refresh of basic mailing list philosophy and best practices, so you can finally start doing everything right.
- The sign-up process. How does yours hold up, and what are you doing wrong? Learn to stop making the simple mistakes that are costing you money.
- Subscriber avatars. Don’t roll your eyes; it’s not silly. We’re gonna make avatars, and those avatars are going to make your mailing list fun!
- List-building. Where are your subscribers hanging out, and how can you get them on your list?
- Putting your list-building on autopilot, so you’re creating superfans while you work, eat, and sleep.
- Tagging and segmenting made easy—finally.
- Reader magnets. What they are, why you should have one, and how to make sure yours works when other reader magnets flop.
- Lunch (12 pm – 1 pm)
- Lunch will be catered in. This is a priceless opportunity to network with the other smart authors in the room, and will ensure that we can get right back to work at 1:00.
- Afternoon Black Belt Workshop (1 pm – 5 pm)
- Evaluating yours
- Fixing what’s broken
- Redesigning (or just designing!) your sequence — this is going to be really fun. I promise.
- Plotting an engaging sequence that sends the right emails in the right order to the right people (because not all subscribers are created equal).
- Taking the stress out of regular campaigns. Learn how to talk to your subscribers about things that will interest them and you, and make your emails fun.
- Tagging and segmenting redux. We did the hard part before lunch, now we dig into what you should you be tracking as you send email campaigns, and how.
- Launch emails. How many to send, what to say, what to track, and how to nag without nagging.
- Inactive subscribers: Re-engage or kick ’em out?
What you should bring:
- An open mind, and the readiness to work hard through a long day. We’ll handle the rest.
What you will leave with:
- A fully plotted email autoresponder sequence—no matter how complicated your catalog is.
- Twelve monthly email templates, customized for you during the workshop.
- Three launch-week email templates, customized for you during the workshop.
- Re-engagement and unsubscribe templates, designed to keep only the right people on your list.
- A one-hour follow-up call with Tammi to go over your new setup and results, and make tweaks and changes as necessary.
- The absolute confidence of an author with a kick-ass, devoted fanbase full of people who push your books into their friends’ hands—priceless word of mouth that you literally cannot buy.